If your Quickmap application seems blurry / fuzzy / unclear, etc. this can be for a number of reasons related to the computer, rather than a problem with Quickmap.
While you’ll likely need to get help from your local IT person to fix the issue, we are always happy to field a quick call on any issues you’re having with Quickmap (including this one), and it is worth checking in with us first to make sure there isn’t a known problem with a recent update of Quickmap.
The most common causes of Quickmap blurriness are:
- You have Advanced Scaling set incorrectly.
- The default size of text has been altered.
- Your screen resolution is not set to the correct level for your monitor.
- The DPI Scaling has been set incorrectly.
- Your monitor is broken or your cables are loose / damaged.
- You have an issue with your graphics card, graphics driver or driver settings.
A quick Google search of the problem offers a number of websites with step-by-step instructions supported by pictures which can be helpful in troubleshooting this issue.
Addendum: You need to restart Quickmap after changing the font size, scaling or resolution to see if the changes fixed your blurry Quickmap.