When launching Quickmap, you may get this error:
Quickmap: Unexpected Error Encountered
The RPC server is unavailable.
This is not a fault with Quickmap, rather there are some aspects of your Windows Operating System that are not functioning correctly, which is causing Quickmap to be unable to function.
The following things may help fix the RPC server error:
- Rebooting your PC
- Setting the following Windows Services to Automatic start up, then rebooting your PC:
- DCOM Server Process Launcher
- Remote Access Auto Connection Manager
- Remote Access Connection Manager
- Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
- Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Locator
- Remote Registry
- Temporarily turning off your firewall and uninstalling your antivirus to see where the problem might exist
- Repairing WMI
Failing this, you may need to reinstall Windows on your PC.