In most cases Quickmap will uninstall correctly and you won’t need to do a manual uninstall. If however, you find that Quickmap hasn’t uninstalled correctly, you can fix this by running QClean.exe from the Utility folder from Disk 2. QClean.exe is an uninstall program written to perform a manual uninstall of Quickmap without user intervention. It works best when logged in as an administrator of the PC.
In the unlikely event that QClean doesn’t fully uninstall remaining Quickmap files and registry key, you can do it manually with the instructions below:
- Log on to your computer as Administrator.
- Click Start->Run and type Regedit.
- Click on My Computer, press CTRL/F, type QuickMap into the find field, and press Enter.
- When You have found HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\<a large number> similar to the diagram below, right mouse click on the number and choose export. This will save the registry entry in case a mistake is made, and you need to restore this value.
- Right mouse click again on the number and choose Delete.
- Click on My Computer again as per Step 3, Press CTRL/F, type DataDir and press Enter. When you have found HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\QuickMap\Config\DataDir, delete this entry.
- Close the Registry Editor.
- Run Windows Explorer, manually browse to the QuickMap Folder (e.g. C:\QMap). Backup any data you wish to keep in this folder such as QMapData.mdb or QMap.mdb then delete the folder.