When trying to download Quickmap data with the Quickmap Data Download Manager (QDDM), you can get this error:
Cannot start data update at this time. A data update is already in progress.
This may be caused by having outstanding Windows Updates (even if they’re not set to be downloaded or installed) sitting in the list of Windows Updates that the computer requires, but this will only be the case if the QDDM is set by Quickmap to use the BITS protocol (which is the same protocol used by Windows Updates). To fix this, download and install all the Windows Updates, restart the computer and check if there are more updates to install before trying to download the Quickmap update again. Alternatively, contact Quickmap to switch the QDDM to use the WCF protocol to install Quickmap updates.
If it still doesn’t work after doing the above, try this:
- Open the Quickmap Data Download Manager and click the Browse Data button
- Close the Quickmap Data Download Manager
- Run services.msc as Administrator from the command line or Windows Start Menu
- Right click the Quickmap Data Download Service and stop the service
- Delete the contents of the folder that was opened by the Browse Data button in step 1
- Right click the Quickmap Data Download Service and start the service
- Try to download data using the Quickmap Data Download Manager